Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Dream

I am sometimes plagued by the vague fear that next year, upon undertaking the writing life, I will look down at my typewriter and see all work and no play makes MC a dull girl written all across the page, and then Christian will have to come back from work and take the ax out of my hand.



(This is an actual photo of Roald Dahl's office.)


Luckily, I have concocted a better plan. OK, I could still maybe get into an MFA program, which would put this plan on hold a couple years, but that is boring logistical talk. As we say in the non-profit world, “let’s stay in vision space.”

The Dream: =

Me



+ A Trailer



+ A Great Paint Job



+ Some Radical Literature

+ Some Frizzle Costumes (soon to be debuted on The OverCher!)

All Equals

A Radical Bookmobile making daily stops at after-school programs around the city, driven by a Ms. Frizzle-esque educator who does dramatic readings and loans books.

More to come on The Dream.

Also appearing soon on the OverCher: Guest blogger Goomba.

1 comment:

  1. MC, YOU SHOULD TOTALLY DO THAT. I WOULD BE PROUD TO SAY "WHY YES, THAT CRAZY-LOOKING PERSON IS IN FACT MY SISTER. NO, SHE'S NOT ON ANY MEDS, THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN HER DREAM."

    Fozzie's Mayhem-pimped Studebaker! Woooot!

    ReplyDelete