Saturday, June 19, 2010

Return of the ... OK, seriously? I've been trying to think of what rhymes with Jedi for like 10 minutes now

OK, I'm back. Now that I am (not quite) graduated, this blog will earnestly begin to update my loved ones on my continued existence/revelry/brill thoughts. Update One: I joined a women's boxing club.



First class is on Monday!!

Update Two: I just walked like 10 blocks to buy groceries, but got distracted by a bookstore clearance sale so now I have three new books and no groceries. True to my new pact however they all have solid cover art, including this:



I am in a torrid love affair with graphic novels. It all began with a chance encounter in the bookstore with Alison Bechdel's Fun Home, i.e. the story of my life in graphic novel form (kind of...except for the coming out part. And the gay dad part. Which are the major plot points of the book.)



It is definitely in my Top Ten. In fact, maybe I will do a little Top Ten feature for ye literary nerds in my life. With pictures and perhaps reenactments of covers. YES!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, graphic novels! Nice. I never really got into that genre myself...I prefer to visualize the events and people in my head (and sometimes the artwork is just disturbing.) But hey, I hope you like your new books!

    Hmm. Should I spend money on new books for myself? Or wait till tomorrow and just renew my library card?

    RE-ENACTMENTS! WHOO!

    ReplyDelete