Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Poetry

In my new writing program we are encouraged to write in as many genres as possible, including poetry. Since my poem-making machinery has not been oiled since I was in high school, I've been trying to write poems in my head while I'm driving. Here is the one I came up with between Charlotte and Roanoke.

To the Drunk Girl Who Won't Stop Hitting on My Boyfriend

I am not going to shit in your backpack.
I am a lady.




P.S. Confirmed: I am in Virginia (It's for Lovers!) and more posts on this turn of events are to come, once I get a card reader that works (damn you, young upstart at the Radio Shak!) and can upload some pictures onto this whatchamacallit.

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE POEM!!!! oh my god you just made my week. i weep.

    Choo

    ReplyDelete