Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Influences

They say that a writer is constantly influenced by the media she absorbs. Lately I have been listening to Super Bass, watching True Blood, and reading this:



Sidenote: did you know they made this into a movie??!! With Uma Thurman??!



I WOULD NOT LIE TO YOU. IT REALLY HAPPENED.

Anyway. At this rate my writing output is going to become some kind of fantasy romance novel where everyone has pink hair. And who am I kidding, I would totally read that.

I'm also doing some far-ranging research for ye olde booke. I've learned a lot about how you grow peanuts (they grow underground, for your information), ghosts, the Great Migration, electrical circuits and transistor radios (seriously revolutionary for their time, people).

Also just bought Bayou: Volume 2. If you ever get a chance, check Bayou out because it is AMAZING:





[It's growing more difficult to keep a word count now that I'm mostly writing by hand, but I persevere for you, my dear ones.]

WORD COUNT: 34,924

No comments:

Post a Comment