Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer of the Hermit

Hello darling friends.



OMG! Sorry! I didn't mean to startle you!
I know it has been All Quiet on the OverCher Front for a while. I would make excuses but I know it has probs not been a major tragedy in any of your lives...



...and if it has I am truly sorry. Today is the first day of what I like to call my Summer of the Hermit. From today to the end of July, my life consists of

1) earning tiny wages in exchange for pouring coffee/asking "would you like whipped cream with that?"
2) sometimes exposing my tiny pale face to the sun
3) writing my thesis. it is a novel.

I am saying this publicly because what is the point of having a Summer of the Hermit if you are not going to get a novel out of it? And stating this embarrassing goal on the internet seemed like a really excellent way to make sure I do it, instead of watching True Blood every night on my futon until I fall asleep.

Because it is boring and annoying to talk too much about writing, I won't be blogging about the novel. I'll just post the word count at the end of my muuuusings. Most likely about Cher. WHAT ELSE IS NEW.




Ach. We have so much to talk about. Burlesque, for instance. Holes in the ozone layer. Aquariums. Or maybe just my emerging theory that all films would be improved by the addition of a puppet (ALL films.)

Until we meet again...

WORD COUNT: 32,824

No comments:

Post a Comment