Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Eye ... On the Sky!

For my latest story I am researching STORM CHASING. Here is what I have learned:

- According to the most accurate web forums, true-blue storm chasers have some sort of problem with storm chasers known only as "yahoos." Yahoos are prone to a number of abrasive behaviors, including but not limited to core-punching, driving their SUVs onto flooded roads, and saying "yahoo!" at the most inappropriate of times.

- The most famous storm chaser of all time is WARREN FAIDLEY. How do I know this? Because the first line of his website declares that

"Warren Faidley is the original, full-time, extreme weather adventurer!"

No but really. He is.

- The best storms happen in March-May in the Great Plains, since everything is flat and view is spectacular.



- The storms people go after are called "supercells" -- groovy, right?


Today I officially completed my apps to Iowa, Hollins and U of M! I'm pretty happy with life right now. My fam is most excellent, the G-Girls are hilar, and my boyfriend is cute.



IS HE NOT??

Currently Reading:

"Them Old Cowboy Songs" by Annie Proulx (The tragedy, Annie! Friggin cheer up!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment