Monday, November 8, 2010

Burlesque, Pt. 2



The CherOver (it's a voiceover of Cher's thoughts...and an unbearably clever inversion of the title of this blog!!!) of this clip is obvious:

"Bitch, I get it. A voice like yours negates all need for fabulous costumes and set design. Bitches with voices like yours get to dance on dirty wood floors after shedding their white Payless sandals from the clearance bin. On the other hand, bitches with voices like mine have never entered a room on this earth without a shower of glitter from the ceiling! Sprinkled by gay men! In thongs! So which fate would you prefer?

"And one more thing. We didn't have the luxury of a fucking voiceover in my day. So what if during my live performance with Tina Turner I ran out of breath and didn't have the leg muscles to achieve shimmy? Do you have an Academy Award, bitch? Have you worn a fucking mermaid costume? Are you a fucking LEGEND!"

1 comment:

  1. My goodness. I shouldn't be surprised that you are Team Cher.

    Although you make some excellent points. Xtina is a standout performer, but definitely not a legend.

    ReplyDelete